Most Played Games as of December 2006 (since Oct 2005)
On December 4th I played my 500th game since October 1st of 2005 when we played Nexus Ops. We immediately played another game of Nexus Ops and we only have 2 plays for this quarter, who know how many games I have played before I started keeping track of them. There were 7 new games that made the most frequently played games list and 2 games that climbed up from the previous lists. It is going to get harder for new games to make the list as the minimum number needed increases each quarter and for this list the minimum number of games played is 6 up 1 from last quarter.
Railroad Tycoon and Settlers of Catan have tied for the number 1 most played game since I started keeping track of games played. I think that Settlers may finally be taking over #1 for the long haul. We played a lot of Settlers when we got it and before I started recording the games on BGG.
I had 2 games that climb on the list. Settlers of Catan gained 2 positions moving from # 3 to tie for #1. Viktory II which I got for my birthday moved up 3 spots to #14.
Several New games (at least New to me) have made it to the top 25 list.
- Poison by Reiner Knizia is a surprise. I was looking for some cheap games for gifts for Christmas gifts and I picked this up. Getting one for a gift and one for myself. It is a fun game that we we have played several times.
- Quicksand makes its debut at #6 with 13 plays. This is a Fantasy Flight Games Silver Line game that Zac got for me for $5 at GenCon 06. I am pretty sure that we have gotten $5 worth of fun out of it.
- Samurai another game by Reiner Knizia is another new game that has made the top 25 debuting at #16 with 8 plays.
- Wits & Wagers is a great party game that I picked up. I also got my brother Steve and his family a copy for Christmas. It debuts on the top 25 at #16 with 8 plays.
- Citadels is a game for 3 to 8 players that debuts at #24. I have played this 6 times so far and it is always interesting and different. The first time I played was at a fellow gamers house and I realized that I had to get this game.
- Tikal debuts at #24 with 6 plays. I had been thinking about this game for a year or so and finally got to try it at a fellow gamers house. It involves exploring temples and I immediately thought that Zac would like this. I was thinking about getting it for him for Christmas but I ended up buying it and he has played it a couple of times with me.